Wednesday, November 05, 2008

An early Thanksgiving

Today they announced layoffs in our business unit (announcements began across the company last week). I still have a job!

There wil be additional layoffs in first quarter of next year. But to me, that just means you have 6 extra months to prepare and you are 6 months closer to the country coming out of recession.

I don't know what will happen at that point. For now, I'll keep doing my job the best I can. Iwill still look at jobs in other departments (if they seem secure).

In the meantime, I went to the grocery store and bought my family the fixings for a nice steak dinner (hey - cheaper than going out!). I also bought one of the pre-filled bags to donate to the food bank - the largest one they had. I've been blessed, and while I plan to work hard to prepare my family in case we hit tougher times ahead, I want to share my blessings with the less fortunate as well.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I hope you'll continue to keep me (and others) in your minds - I'm afraid this recession is going to get worse before it begins to get better.

In less important news, I've gained 5 pounds in stress eating! This weekend I plan to go out and buy myself a new pair of walking shoes (my old ones are worn out!) and hub has agreed to walk with me in the morning.

It's a start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you still have your job!
Bren