Monday, November 24, 2008

Nice Weekend

This was a very busy weekend. My mom & the boy headed down to the beach house we rented for the week. My MIL's birthday is coming up, so she came to town and we took her out to breakfast. Hub's car was leaking transmission fluid, so we took it in to have a seal replaced. And of course I cleaned the house and spent some time doing a bit of packing for the beach (linens & stuff so far). But it was a nice weekend.

The guest room is all set up and I previewed 3 dvds: 1 yoga, 1 yogalates, and 1 Windsor Pilates (it's actually a vhs tape). I think I like the yogalates the best of the lot. I'd like to ge a better yoga tape - I have a few in my netflix queue to preview. I have a couple of solid step aerobic tapes, and the kettlebell dvd my mom is giving me for Christmas. Our weather has been unseasonably cold (and I still have a runny nose), so it's nice to have easy options in the house.

Eating was better. My choices weren't always great, but I thought about what I was eating more, and that's a good start.

I talked to a collegue that I used to be in the same department with and he's now working for the guy I interviewed with last week. If I don't get the job I won't be heartbroken (unless of course I ge laid off in January!) - sounds pretty disorganized and hectic in that area right now. I'm afraid from what I heard it would be very stressful! OTOH, not sure I'd turn it down either...

Oh well, I may not have to make that decision at all....

Anyway, things are moving along, albeit slowly.

If you celebrate it, have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'll beach at the beach eating seafood! We'll have turkey at Christmas. :-)

No comments: