State of the eating
I have been making condiments. Many commercial ones are just plain full of junk. So far I’ve had very good success with ranch and French salad dressings, as well as bbq sauce.
My next attempts will be mayo, ketchup, and sour cream.
My mom went for her check-up and the doctor upped her cholesterol medicine. She’s ready to get serious about cleaning up her diet, which helps since hub and I want to do so as well. She is going to cook more with me and when I make stuff like condiments, she can take some home.
We are working to eliminate/severely limit animal products in our diet, stuff like high fructose corn syrup, etc. We’ve agreed that animal products will be purchased from local farmers only. We are lucky that we can do that. Yes, it’s more expensive, but we can be sure we are getting quality stuff (and our dollars are staying closer to home). I know quality products are produced elsewhere, but it’s easier to be assured of what you’re buying when you can stand there and speak with the person that has raised what you are about to eat.
So, more cooking, but I think the payoff is worth the effort.
It’s been a very stressful week and we had more snow, so exercise has been tough. I’m so ready for spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment