Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What’s going on

The scale is bouncing up and down. I am still struggling with stress eating. I’ve just been feeling overwhelmed lately, but if you asked me why I couldn’t give you any rational answer! I’m working on that bit….

In the meantime, exercise is going great! I am walking 2 miles in the morning, and doing my kettlebells. Right now I am doing 3 work sets with the 18 pound bell – my goal is 5 work sets with the 26 pound bell. So I’m making progress! More importantly, I’m remembering how fun, quick, and easy kettlebell workouts are!

The guest room is back to being a guest room. The boy’s friend is back at home on a permanent basis, and seems to have severed his friendship with our son. We have no idea what happened. This gives me a quiet place to work out in the mornings, which is nice.

We are headed up to Virginia to move my MIL this weekend. As expected, things blew up where she was living (she really couldn’t afford the place to begin with and the landlord had gotten overextended and was trying to squeeze her for money, not to mention both the landlord and the tenant were making outrageous demands in terms of doing errands etc.).

She will be staying with my mom until an apartment becomes available. Last we heard she was number 7 on the wait list. Because the rent is based on income, it will be affordable and it isn’t conditional on a job, so hopefully this will work out.

The boy does seem to be doing better in school. We signed him up to repeat Spanish – he’s passing but I think 2nd year would be too much as he really hasn’t mastered the basics.

We are down to 4 dogs, the hub remains (knock on wood) employed, I have a job, we have a house, we are healthy.

Part of my stress was coughing up $1400 to make plumbing repairs and that meant no hardwood floors. Since I have pet allergies, that was a real blow for me. And I guess I haven’t really found my focus work-wise for the year.

My big thing I guess is that the past few times I’ve checked it, my blood pressure has been elevated. I have an appointment with my doctor in April – I hope a good diet and regular exercise will remedy the situation, but I admit it has me worried.

No comments: