Monday night around 11:30 my mom called to let us know she had called 911 because she thought she was having a heart attack. The 3 of us quickly dressed, jumped in the car, and headed for the emergency room.
Turns out she didn't have a heart attack (thankfully!), but they aren't really sure what it was. The doctor wanted to admit her so they could test some more and observe her. Around 4:30 we left to get breakfast and head home. I wanted to wait until she was in a regular room before we left, but the boy was passed out in the waiting room and hub was fading fast, so I felt like I needed to take care of them more than I needed to just wait., but I still hated to leave.
We got breakfast - hub made it to Herbie's but I had to drive us home. Funny - he's the late night person, but when it comes to late night driving, I have to pitch in a lot! We got home around 6:15 and headed for bed. The dog woke me up at 8:30, I left the guys sleeping while I headed back to the hospital. Mom was released and I took her home.
We all stayed home yesterday (except the boy did volunteer) and puttered around and napped. The boy said someone was looking at Jack, so I hope he gets adopted this week!!!! Hub picked him up and went in to look at the chihuahuas - they had just gotten back from getting fixed, he said they were all sacked out.
We are going to Georgia this weekend to visit my great aunt, but hub is staying home since he has to work. :-(
I was planning to take Monday off work (it’s my birthday), but I guess I'll just take half a day - I'll need some time to grocery shop & food prep after getting home.
Anyway, I'm tired - thankfully, today is actually a low key day at work!I went to the optometrist and ordered new glasses. They should be ready in 5 days. She knocked $40 off b/c she felt bad I'd had such a hard time! They are cute and it'll be nice to have a pair I can leave at work and have one for home.
I ordered a workout thingie from an infomercial. I know that sounds cheesy! I just feel like having some structure will help me out – I feel like I’m drifting. It’s a 60 day program. The reason I like this one more than some others I’ve seen is because it requires no equipment – it’s bodyweight exercises only. Right now that sounds pretty good.
My weight is up and seems to be staying that way – right now I don’t want to write numbers, even here. I feel self conscious even thought I don’t think anyone I know in “real life” reads this. Also, I am having my blood work done Friday and my annual check-up next Friday, and frankly I’m a little concerned. Not because I feel bad or anything, I just feel like I need to make some improvement. I’ll keep you guys posted with the results of that.
I started using my heavier kettlebell this morning. Wow! I forgot how much more difficult it is!
Well, that’s all I’ve got.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hope Mom is better!
How scary!
Post a Comment