Tuesday, May 01, 2012

I am a germ bomb!


I have the worst cold I have had in years. I am tired and I am a coughing, sneezing, nose blowing germ factory on 2 feet. I can’t wait for this to be over. Especially since we are going to Georgia this weekend and I do not want to be sick and give this to my great aunt!

We are working very hard to get school wrapped up by Mother’s Day so mom and the boy can head to NC. The news on his grandpa keeps getting worse. They were hoping with aggressive treatment to knock his cancer into remission, but it has progressed farther than they thought based on the most recent tests. The boy just wants to be done with school (well, sometimes he doesn’t even care at all) and get up there. This is so hard.

Apparently it is now the rainy season (the down side to living in a sub-tropical climate). It has been raining since Friday. Since we live maybe 50 yards from a canal, the wild life tends to seek drier ground. Frogapalooza has gone on for 4 nights now. Thank goodness for child size ear plugs. There was the largest roach I’ve ever seen in my kitchen the other morning. (And remember, I lived in Texas!) Tough girl that I am, I jumped on the counter and screamed. I really, really, loathe bugs.

I went to the gym Sunday morning – the last day that I felt decent. Unless sneezing counts as exercise, I’m not getting any. Hub has it too – he’s the one that gave it to me, curse him. I have homemade soup and hot tea and medicine, but mostly I just want a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better at this point.
Maybe the roach is someone's pet that got away...
I don't think my counter has enough room to hold me in the case of a roach appearance. I may just have to barricade myself in another room. :)