Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday

Down a half a pound – which puts me down 2 pounds since Monday. Yay! Hub’s blood sugar was 132 this morning – so clearly the change in eating plus exercise is making a HUGE difference. He has been stunned by the change. And the day earlier in the week when it had been down then spiked back up? He admitted he’d had a Gatorade that day. He said he learned his lesson about THAT. I’ve been reading about nutrition so long, I sometimes forget that he genuinely doesn’t know how some things are going to affect his blood sugar or what foods have sugar. To me it’s like “duh” – but he has to learn it for himself. If I just tell him he may not get it. But he’s also listening, which is a refreshing change. Ha ha!

Stomach is feeling better this morning. I left work early yesterday – I was in misery. I did eat some dinner (salmon patties, quinoa, and broccoli) but I just felt like crap. I hope I don’t have a repeat of that any time soon!

Tomorrow we are planning to head to Coral Castle (http://coralcastle.com/). Random fact: The story about the construction inspired the song “Sweet Sixteen” by Billy Idol. Anyway, the weather is supposed to be dodgy again this weekend, so this is a fun little half day trip that gets us out of the house but isn’t entirely weather dependent.

My step brother headed up to our stepsister’s today - she’s about 3 hours up the road. Truck work was all finished up! Ready for things to quiet down a little around case de crazy.

Not good news on the boy's grandpa's cancer: very rare, very aggressive.  No ure, only treatment.  But knocking it into remission could buy him years - not just months.

1 comment:

Denise @ Do you have that in my size??? said...

Your husband is definitely getting the hang of all things diabetic - it takes a while. Also, sometimes a food item that's been "safe" for his blood sugar will behave differently, but a quick walk for 30 minutes can usually lower a slightly elevated sugar. Congratulate him for me on the learning!