Tuesday, April 03, 2012

All in all, a good day

Day started off like many BAU days: alarm going off at 5 am. Up, used bathroom, dressed, off for a 1.5 mile brisk walk. Home, showered, weighed. Still up 1.8 pounds from trip. Then off to the kitchen. I am trying to kick the diet pepsi habit (let’s face it, a glass full off chemicals isn’t good for you, even if it doesn’t have calories). I would have liked a cup of coffee (this is a new habit to replace the soda). Sadly, I don’t actually know how to make coffee, and my mom didn’t wake up before time for me to leave. Oh well. I had a little bit of leftover iced tea (unsweetened of course, I’m sweet enough already. Ha ha!)

(How sad did that last bit sound?  No, my mom doesn't live with me and I don't live with my mom!  Well, just for a few months while she flees winter...).


I drank the tea while I made the morning carrot ginger apple cucumber juice for me, hub, & mom. Next up green smoothie with 1 frozen banana, 1 mango, about 1 cup frozen mixed fruit, chia seeds, flax seeds, green powder, and then filled blender to top with baby spinach, then added water. Remember, that’s for 3 adults, I’m not downing 3 servings of fruit first thing in the morning!

I drank that while I worked on breakfast: I chopped a red bell pepper and a red onion. Placed them in a zip-loc and scooped out a couple of spoons to sauté. I added a diced tomato, some cilantro, and ½ cup egg beaters. These are okay but my god they have like 100 million ingredients! Plain egg or egg whites going forward.

I packed lunch: 3 cups chopped veggies (mainly cabbage), a diced roasted chicken thigh (no skin), and some curry dressing I made based on Fage greek yogurt. I also packed my portion of the juice for afternoon snack.

Do you see a problem? Breakfast was quite big but had no fat – I ended up really hungry! I had 12 almonds for a snack, then 12 more before yoga. Since I had yoga at lunch I knew I would be eating lunch late.

Yoga was good and the trainer here at work gave me a couple of basic upper body routines for the boy to do at the new gym. The trainer (J) is a really nice guy who is passionate about his work. I thought that was super thoughtful!

Dinner is build your own nachos, but mine will be on baked corn tortillas (build your own tostadas I guess for me), and extra homemade guacamole but no cheese. I love guacamole and would much rather have that for my fat than cheese!

Food is all plugged in and tallied up.

Hub had a busy day seeing about termite prevention, getting A/C checked (needs some minor repairs), and a few chores. He & my stepbrother leave tomorrow morning for my mom’s house for a few days to finish up a couple of things for her and a quick visit with his mom before he going back to work for the temp agency.

My low back is slightly sore and my legs are definitely feeling the kettlebell workout I did yesterday. Ouch! But mostly in a good way. The low back reminds me to keep good form!

No comments: