Monday, April 02, 2012

Back and back at it

So, the trip was pretty good.  A lot of time in the car and not a lot of down time, but it was good.  My grandmother's memorial was very nice.  I was in a bit of a daze - it's hard to believe she's gone.

Things have been very busy since I got back - both at work and at home, not to mention trying to get back into my exercise routine, which had slipped a little between travel and getting ready to go out of town.

We joined a gym today!  It's $10 per month per person, so I felt like that was a reasonable price.  There's not a minimum time you have to belong, so if it turns out some people aren't using their membership, we can drop it. I'm a little skeptical about both hub and son, but I'm willing to give it a shot for a couple of months.

We have a great fitness center at work (as I've mentioned before), but no cardio equipment.  This new gym (YouFit) has LOADS of cardio equipment, as well as free weights.  And good hours, so I'm hopeful this will allow me to get in some killer cardio sessions on the elliptical.

Also, I ordered Tracy Reifkind's swing video (the one that's a workout), and did 2/3 of it for the first time today.  It's tough!  In a good way.  I also ordered her book and read it in the car.  Very good.  I made an awesome "Tracy style" salad for lunch today  - loads of veggies, a piece of grilled chicken, and a yummy curry dressing.  It's portioned out and ready to go for lunches for the week.

Tonight's dinner was a really good meal that used the eggplant, bok choy, and mushrooms from the CSA box.  It was a korean stir fry with chicken.  Again yum, but I will admit I'm a little hungry and will probably eat something light in a few minutes.  I hate waking up in the middle of the night hungry.  It's hard to not overeat at 2 am.  Having a little something a couple hours prior to bed works better for me.  I had an appointment at 6 with the counselor so we had to eat ealy.

The appt was good - it's really helped me with adjusting to the move.

Hub actually finally got an old laptop set up for me.  (I had the desktop but it died).  So I have my own computer again.

Hopefully my own computer will mean more posting.  I've been doing pretty good - I've lost 20 pounds!  But I've been stalled the past couple of weeks and it's time to kick it up a notch.  So, ratcheting up the eating (more junk getting the boot) - diet Pepsi, I'll miss you! Ratcheting up the exercise (hello elliptical, my old friend).

Good things happening, taking steps to deal with stressors.  Some not so good stuff too (the boy is back with an old girlfriend - luckily she's still 800 miles away, but he wants her to come down for the summer. Uhh.....), but all in all, things are going along.

No comments: