Wednesday, April 18, 2012
It's my Friday
Tomorrow is my birthday and I am taking a couple of days off work. The plan is to do some stuff around the house (I will get my craft stuff organized and the project room looking like a real room and not a junk landing zone!) and go snorkeling at John Pennekamp state park in Key Largo. Hopefully the house will be looking better, the boy will have a weight training plan and will have gone to the gym for a first run through, and shopping and food prep and the usual will be done.
We are also going to do a bit of work in the front yard. Other exciting activities include making kale chips (this is a great way to eat kale) and another attempt at crackers. My first batch was a success, but a bit brittle. My second batch is just weird. I need a happy medium.
Today would normally be AMP class but Jeff has a doctor appointment so class was cancelled. He’ll be making it up later in the week, but I won’t be there. Since I did kettlebells yesterday, my plan for the day was to do step aerobics. It’s fairly high intensity and I can do it at work on my lunch break. I need to help with chemistry tonight so there won’t be time for me to go to the gym just yet. But that’s ok – I have time. Hub went yesterday and did weight training.
Dinner last night was interesting. I tried making lasagna with sliced unbreaded baked eggplant in place of noodles. I cut the eggplant too thin for one. And I didn’t think about the fact that noodles absorb moisture – it came out a little runny (isn’t that a gross sounding word?). It tasted really good – just needs more thinker cut veggies in place of the noodles and to remove some of the liquid. Hub really didn’t miss the noodles – just the Italian bread alongside. But we had a huge salad prior to the lasagna so he was certainly full.
Tonight is baked fish with roasted broccoli, zucchini, and fingerling potatoes. There are things I miss making – like sloppy joes and chili mac. Part of what makes this tough is that hub genuinely has no idea what foods are carbs, so I’m always having to explain why we need to cut back on certain things. I guess we’ll get up the learning curve.
Pool time happened yesterday afternoon. I love pool time.
Things I like about living in Florida:
I never had any idea how many types of palm trees there are. Some are amazing. Very neat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Followed you over from Tracy's blog; looking for virtual diet/kettle bell partner!
I just got Tracy's book & am going to start practicing my technique w/the tiny 10-lb bell I bought on a whim when I took my son to Sports Authority a couple of wks ago...
I stumbled across a link to Tracy's website on freetheanimal.com, a primal/paleo website I frequent.
Post a Comment