Tuesday, June 05, 2012

midweek

Interesting article on Norma’s web site I thought I’d pass along - from Mark Hyman regarding REAL FOOD:


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/food-industry_b_1559920.html?ref=diet-and-nutrition

The weekend plans changed a lot when we got the call from our son that he had been in a car accident Friday night. Thankfully he, the girlfriend, and her puppy were fine, but it was one of those major multi car pile-ups that happen on the highway due to bad weather. The damage is mainly the left front quarter panel – he avoided being squished between 2 other cars. (Unfortunately, they totaled the car.)

Yes he was fine and no, there wasn’t anything we could do. But after that we both felt wrung out and decided to postpone our trip to Port Charlotte until next weekend and just futz around the house. It was nice. We got in the pool Saturday, but Sunday just puttered around, I did the food prep, and we went to the gym. Nothing super special, just a nice weekend. As always, we felt like we ran out of time and energy!

For the fourth morning in a row, hub’s blood sugar readings were below the diabetic range. He is really making terrific progress. I don’t know what else to say about that. I went to WW – I continue to lose weight, but it feels like it is taking forever! I need to get over it. Two days wouldn’t feel “fast enough.”

What else? It’s a busy week at work, and we are trying to finish up a few odd chores that didn’t get done over the weekend, so that makes for a long evening. Plus we’ve been walking in the evening – we have a 2 mile loop we do. The good news is we haven’t had rain force us to cancel but a typical walk means about 90 degrees and what feels like 1000% humidity. I thought NC was humid – it’s freaking Arizona compared to this stuff! It’s not that we mind walking in the rain – it’s when we have the thunderstorms that we opt to stay home. But it’s been a few days since a big storm, which is a nice change!



No comments: