Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Terrier-a go go

Yesterday I worked at home (I needed to take my car in to the shop plus I had a dental appointment) and hub wasn’t working. We dropped the car, he went into the office to drop off a time sheet, we picked up my car, he went to Lowe’s .. and everywhere we went, the terrier was along for the ride. That dog loves to go, and yesterday she was in heaven!

Sadly, I couldn’t take her to the dentist – I could’ve used the comforting. Long story short: I had to get a bridge when I was 15 for my 2 front teeth (swimming pool accident). I’ve had my current bridge for 6-7 years and it was killing the teeth holding it – so now I have issues with 4 teeth rather than 2. Yesterday the dentist removed my bridge and she & the oral surgeon (it’s never good when you get special guest visitors at your dental appointment) took molds and x-rays so he could tell me what he could do and then we could come up with a plan. I’m looking at either 2 or 4 implants. Ugh. I now have a temp bridge.

I left tired & feeling a bit weepy (I dunno – maybe I was just wrung out – I was there for over 3 hours). Dinner wasn’t happening – there was beef stew in the crock pot but my mouth was still numb and there was no way I could eat soup. We went out – thankfully there is a Mexican place that has good, healthy food – not loaded in cheese, not fried, etc. She knows we don’t eat rice so she always adjusts the meals to our needs, which is awesome.

I have to go back to the dentist today for her to adjust the temp bridge, so no AMP class for me. I’ll do kettlebells at home – not as fun, but a solid workout.  Tonight's dinner is something new: I am going to make General Tso's chicken - it's one of my husband's favorites.  Hopefully it goes well.  I'm serving it with steamed broccoli and leftover crab fried quinoa.





No comments: