Good morning!
Sorry for not posting - it's been a crazy few days!
Let's see: Thursday our son's friend and pregnant girlfriend moved in. Friday our friends arrived from California. Friday afternoon I took them to Everglads Nat'l Park, where we saw lots of birds, turtles, fish, and a half dozen alligators. My friend Eilis has never been to Florida except Orlando, so she was very excited. And Mike (her boyfriend) grew up here, so it was a great chance for him to show her where he grew up.
After work we met my husband and the 4 of us headed down to the Keys. Even though we were only there for Friday night and Saturday, we had a great time! Saturday night saw us eating dinner at the diner here in town. Eilis asked if she could do a load of laundry. Of course I said yes, but apparently the dryer went to its great reward sometime while we were out of town. UGH!
Hub had to work Sunday, and I frantically tried to get shopping and housework done in prep for my oral surgery Monday. No rest for the wicked.
I had my surgery - the temporary crowns didn't fit, I was in the dental chair for over 6 hours, and ended up having an allergic reaction to medication. It seems to be not to any one medicine as much as the sheer volume in my system - i had somethng like 14 shots of Novicane over the course of nearly 7 hours, plus penicillin, plus vicodin.
I worked at home a half day yesterday and I need to work at home today - the temporary piece she crafted is rubbing the inside of my lip raw so I have to get it adjusted.
Hub had a chance to work this weekend and even though we need the $$, at this point we need the time more. We are nowhere near packed up and I am getting really strresed about that. Thank goodness my mom and son are arriving Saturday night to help. My mom can supervise once I tell her what I want done since I have to go into the office next week Monday-Wednesday.
As far as the 2 kids we have with us, I dunno exactly what is going to happen. The girl's family is Catholic and won't let her come home unless she cuts off all contact with the boy (she's 21). The boy is 17 and has no family that will take him in. They want to go to NC, and I think his grandparents are going to give them some money, but what then? My son lives on a fixer upper houseboat with 1 bathroom! How long can that last?
I don't know. We are doing what we can to be supportive - god knows this kid hasn't gotten many breaks in life. His whole family are varying shades of crazy and he can't count on any of them. Since the 9 year old hasn't been in school someone (probably at the school) has called child protective services. But since they are basically squatting in a foreclosed house, I doubt the school even has an up to date address. Since they keep spending rent money on drugs, they keep moving around. Lord, how depressing for those poor kids.
Anyway, given that we are renting out our house NEXT WEEK, there is only so much we can do. It's going to be a long couple of weeks.....
Take care and I will try to do the same! Vegetable soup for dinner - its in the crockpot. I'm eating pretty good! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment