Thursday, November 14, 2013

Love Hate Relationship

I am havig a love hate relationship with my new schedule.

Pros:

Dude, I am getting so much done around the house in the morning!

Being able to fix (and eat) a leisurely brekfast, as opposed to packing it in my lunch box and eating it at my desk.

Taking a nice morning walk around the neighborhood in the daylight.

Cons:

I get home from work so late and then have to get a meal on the table.  I literally walk in the door and barely have time to change before I am cooking.

I feel like I don't have much of an evening.

My energy is gone by the time I get home which makes cooking dinner hard.  Last night I cracked and we had take-out.


Once we are past this packing up, I think I will try option c: something in between.  I have been getting up at the same time: 5:30.  I used to leave for work by 6:30, now I am leaving at 8:30.  I think I might try the middle ground of leaving the house at 7:30.  That would give me time to walk and eat breakfast and do a chore or two if needed, but I would have a half hour or so after I got home to relax before I needed to fix supper.  We'll see.

My oral surgery has been re-scheduled to next Monday.  I would have preferred NOT to have it on  Monday - if I have stitches I am going to be one sore, unhappy puppy.  Ugh.  Oh well, when 2 doctors have to coordinate their schedules it can be tough. 

Not much else is new.  I have been good about doing my morning walk outside and I really think it is helping with my stress levels.  And honestly, just knowing that things are nearly done and are changing is helping I think.  Also, my mom and son are coming down 3 days earlier, which means more help with the final push to get things packed up.  So that'll be a huge help!

Have a good day!

No comments: