This has been an odd week, partly because we drove back from NC on Monday. Also, hub had Tuesday off but has been working late the past couple of days. Yay money but it's left me a bit adrift as far as dinner. Last night I ate a frozen meal. Ugh. I am ashamed - I know that stuff is crap.
Got on the scale this morning - I've lost 0.4 pounds in the last month. In other words, I've made it through the recent stressors without gaining - which was my personal goal.
Yesterday I did a cardio video and did 100 kb swings. Today I did a workout from Jillian Michael's "Ripped in 30 Days" (or something like that) video. I've been slacking on the weight training, and I need that back in my life. I like the video and plan to do it for the next couple of weeks. Once we go to NC, I'll need to take my kb with me - I don't have any weights at my mom's, or a place to do a workout video. But the kb and I are very familiar with her front porch (unlike the back porch, it's dog free).
I have a pair of Earth Spirit brand sandals from W-M that I wear around the house ALL the time. I don't like wearing sneakers constantly (although I wear them if I will be standing a lot - like food prep). I like to be able to take my shoes off when I sit down, so sandals are nice. But I have very high arches so I need something with a sneaker-like base. These are those shoes - very supportive and comfortable. I've been wearing them for years. I generally go through 2 pair per year and I've worn them for 7 or 8 years I guess. My husband calls them my "Pocahontas shoes". Here's a pic:
Mine are a slightly different style, but they are dark brown. So what's the point of this story? I forgot to change into my work shoes before I left the house this morning! A blue, white, & black print shirt, black capris, and brown sandals. Oops! TGIF casual Friday. Or in my case, casual & mismatched Friday!
Have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
100 KB swings? Impressive!!
Post a Comment