I have some more deep thoughts to post (or navel gazing rubbish - depends on your POV I guess).
But this post isn't deep, just heartfelt.
I am so glad to be home. I am thankful I had the opportunity to live as many places as I have. Despite the bad bits, I am glad for the 8 years I spent in the Army - it made me a better, more well rounded person. It gave me the chance to get out and see more of the world.
But after those years living other places, it was nice to come home. And until I left for 3 years, I didn't realize how important being here was to me.
I grew up in the South. To me, summer is about heat, the sound of cicadas, the smell of tomato plants (and tomatoes), and the prickly feel of fresh okra.
It's about moving slow, speaking kindly, and smiling more.
The older I get, the more I appreciate the wonderful family I was given, my friends, and my sense of belonging in this place.
I am not a perfect person. My continued struggle with consuming more than I need indicates that I still have work to do. But I feel so much better being in a place where I feel I belong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Having that sense of belonging can be so calming. I don't feel like I have that as yet (given the recent travels plus the big move to England) -- but I'm hoping I'll get there soon.
Post a Comment