Monday, September 08, 2014

Feeling better

I was pretty grouchy this weekend.

Saturday was crazy - loads of cooking.  Yesterday I did take some down time, which did a lot to improve my frame of mind.

My new goulash recipe is good but needs a few tweaks.

My new meat loaf recipe is a huge win!  It's more of a method than a recipe: I riced (in the food processor) most of a head of cauliflower and then gently sauteed it (to soften it and get some of the moisture out).  I then added that to my regular meat loaf - it was awesome!  Definitely a do over.  You don't taste the cauliflower, but it adds a wonderful moistness and light texture to the meat loaf.  Also - hello, more vegetables!

Today was an okay day at work - kinda quiet again.

Swim lessons start tonight and I am very excited!

Even when things don't go our way, life is still good. :-)

No comments: