The Florida house is back under contract and the home inspection is scheduled for Monday. Yay! That's the point where I can breathe a bit easier knowing we are for sure moving forward.
We got the first coat of primer on the dining room by the end of day yesterday. We mudded the seams and are painting over the wallpaper - I think it will look fine when it's done, but I did need to do some touch up mudding today. The low cut in work is done, so tonight I'd do another coat rolled on and T will do the cut in around the ceiling and we can start painting tomorrow! Woo hoo!
Next week is shaping up to be super busy, so my plan is to take Sunday to work on the sewing I want to have done for the event the following Saturday (the 25th).
Anyway, things here are going petty well. Our water heater died, but thankfully T had purchased water heater insurance through Duke Power, and they came out and replaced it yesterday. Total cost out of our pocket was $240 for a gas water heater that has a 15 year life expectancy, so I think that was pretty good! And same day!
Even though I am kinda tired of dealing with ancient wallpaper, I am so glad to see the improvements in the house. It really is coming together. :-)
Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad you are able to get forward motion. That always feels good. Oh, and congrats on the water heater stuff. So glad to have it on insurance. I had my stove go out on me (single parent, 2005, just moved, trying to finalize the divorce) and had purchased basic insurance on my town home. Huge money saver.
Onward and to keeping food and stress in your manageable zone.
Post a Comment