Friday, April 07, 2017

Let's just forget this one

I didn't really feel like writing about it yesterday, but straight up this has been a shitty week.

Last weekend T was cooking with friends (I wasn't there).  He went to check on the grill - and by grill I mean a HUGE grill/smoker combo.  It was supposed to be lit.  When he got there to check and it had gone out, he re-lit it.  What no one realized at the time, the person who set it up didn't know what they were doing.  The vents weren't open - oxygen wasn't getting in and gas wasn't venting.  When T re-lit it, it exploded. 

Thank god he is mostly okay - it could have been SO much more serious! But he is burned on both forearms, neck, and face.  His lips and left arm are especially bad.  As a result, he's been in a lot of discomfort.  Add my special diet and colonoscopy, and you've had 2 pretty cranky people in this house this week.

I'm just feeling really dejected, demoralized, and discouraged.  I'm ready to move on.

3 comments:

Nixpix said...

Wow, I am so glad he is a live. Like you said it could of been so much worse. Very scary. I pray that he has a fast recovery. Just remember this too will pass. I hope you guys both have a great weekend and next week.

Karla said...

oh hugs to you from California. Glad he is (mostly) okay. I hope everything was okay with your colonoscopy... they are a major drag. Do something fun today maybe to lift your spirits... mani/pedi maybe? (((((hugs)))))

neca said...

Thank you both for the good thoughts! He was very lucky - and knows it!