And here are a few holiday movies I've been enjoying this year: A diva’s Christmas carol, The Spirit of Christmas, 12 Dates of Christmas, Get Santa, Pete's Christmas. And of course the usual classics.
T is off work today so I asked him to clean the house. He didn't sound very enthused, but I don't care. He is also going to make pate, which will make him happy. He loves to cook.
So, T's permanent teaching assistant job starts 8 January! No need to go through the agency or be on 120 days probation since he has been subbing with the school system over 120 days!! Not sure when his health benefits will kick in, but this is HUGE for us. I don't know how much I've written about it here: the school district has a contract with an agency for hiring it's exceptional children teachers and TAs. So they weren't sure how to work it all since he was already an employee, but this is the best outcome. So yay!
Hopefully we can get him off my insurance through work since it is costing a fortune and we will be able to figure out a budget and start making progress on our debt.
I'm happy to say that the year is ending on a high note for my family. Oh, did I mention my son got straight As this semester in college????? :-)
We have so many things to be thankful for this year. It has been a dark year in so many ways, I hope next year is brighter for us all.

2 comments:
What an upbeat post. Like you said so many wonderful things happening for your family. What is your son studying in colleg? Thats exciting about the 4.0. He must of been thrilled.
Merry Christmas and excellent news on the job, insurance, and grades!!!! So happy for you. :) Karen P.
Post a Comment