Wednesday, December 05, 2018
Bringing back an old favorite
Monday morning when I was packing my lunch, I realized that I'd never boiled any eggs for morning snack. Since I was getting tired of protein shakes, I looked around and tossed a couple of prunes into a small container with a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter. I'd forgotten just how much I enjoy that combination! It reminds me a bit of pb&j, or even a reece's pb cup (but not overly sweet) - and it clocks in right at 100 calories. So yay!
This morning I was snarfling around for something to eat for breakfast. There was a cup of leftover beef stew. I threw in a couple of tablespoons of dry oats (they were sitting on the counter and I figured they'd add some soluble fiber). T thought that was pretty weird, but I didn't even notice they were in there. This week has been all about getting creative with the bits in the fridge! Lol That's okay, I hate to waste food, so I don't mind.
Monday I was in a funk - I managed a crappy 20 minutes on the elliptical and didn't do my kettlebell workout. Yesterday was better and I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and my kettlbell workout. That means I'll be doing back to back workouts Thursday & Friday - which isn't optimal but isn't the end of the world. I didn't realize how tired I was from the weekend. I had plans for last night (T was at concert practice), but Susie and I were couch potatoes and Jordan took her furry self to bed. So the dogs were in agreement. I didn't even try to focus on a movie - I turned on "Men in Tights" and then switched over to "The Santa Clause". And went to bed by 9.
I feel better today. Oh, and of course since I'm going to Wilmington this weekend:
(I find this especially funny since I work in the town that Mayberry was based on.) The actress that played Thelma Lou lives here and there's a bunch of Andy Griffith related tourist stuff.
Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I didn't even know Mayberry was based on a real town! How cool. I always thought Andy was good looking :)
Do you just spread the peanut butter onto the prunes? It sounds like a good combo!
Yep, I just spread it on. Sounds weird but I like it!
Post a Comment