Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Micro resolutions and yesterday's workout
First of all, yesterday's workout was an awesome new personal best. Not only was it the longest with the most swings (650!!), but I used a 25 pound kettlebell for the entire workout! I had the 20 sitting there ready to switch over when the 25 got too hard, but it never did! Afterward I felt so amazing! Being stuck in my disaster zone of a house has left me feeling somewhat defeated, so being able to hit such an awesome new best on my workout gave me a much needed boost.
Secondly, I read a really fantastic article yesterday I wanted to share with you: micro resolutions
The premise here is that rather than a whole bunch of changes you won't stick with, try a "small" change on - 1 per month, not cumulative. They could be removing something (no alcohol) or adding something (5 minutes of meditation each morning). I think of it as a way to test drive a habit, and then see if & how it fits in your life. I think I'm going to try this for next year!
I am at work today (thank goodness). My house is a disaster. It is really stressful. Add to that my husband procrastinated on his Christmas shopping (he finished yesterday and didn't start until last weekend) and frankly he's been a real pill. So my holiday spirit is a bit ... thin.
Anyway, despite everything I am trying my very best to stick with my eating and exercise plan - frankly it's all that's keeping me sane right now.
Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment