Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Choices


Sunday night we wanted to go out to dinner - a date night. I wanted something enjoyable but also somewhere I could make a healthy choice. I love going to local restaurants, but that does require a bit of planning if you intend to stay "on track" (whatever track you're on). This wasn't a special occasion - just wanted to go out together.

We ended up going to Bonefish Grill, which is a chain. I was able to choose a seafood entree and sides that I really enjoyed and were well within my calorie and carb parameters. It's easy to go over in a restaurant - the roasted brussel sprouts with ham side vegetable had over 600 calories! That's more than I had for my entire meal!! That's the plus side of going to larger chain restaurants IMO.

I have really nothing of interest to say. Meals for the week include:

B: overnight oats
S: yogurt & fruit
L: quinoa with cauli rice bowl with shrimp and salad
S: Boiled egg

Dinner tonight is a seafood lasagna. I went to PLanet Fitness this morning and am going to the kettlebell gym this evening. I have a load of gym clothes to wash. Also, I guess clothing makers think women that exercise have no hips. I need a large in workout tops (usually), but they are always way to baggy in the under arm area if I want them to fit in the hips. SO I end up having to put darts in them. Sigh. No matter how much weight I lose, finding clothes that fit my figure (at least in some departments) remains a challenge!

Have a good day!

1 comment:

My Time to Bloom said...

It's kind of funny how a restaurant can take a low-calorie vegetable side dish and turn it into dessert-level calories! Wow!