Gyms are open here (for now), although with the new caveat that you must wear a mask while exercising. At first I was excited about getting back into a routine - y'all know how much I love the gym. I was careful and I felt pretty good about it. Now cases are spiking like crazy here and I haven't been in 2.5 weeks. I just don't feel good about it. Maybe I should just cancel for now and try again once things are better under control?
Thoughts?

2 comments:
I wouldn't work out in a gym with other people around (even masked) if you paid me. Masks are very helpful but they are just one piece of the puzzle. You also need to limit the amount of time you spend in close proximity to others that you don't already live with, even if all are wearing masks. So, grocery runs and essential errands, yes. Gym workouts and the like, no. We have a light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccines. The gym can wait. Just my opinion from Northern California.
I can't remember if youre in the Boston metro area (I am)?-- the MWRA has been able to calculate the TRUE amount of virus circulating (by testing wastewater at Deer Island which is collected from >40 towns, you can check out the mwra website) and it shows between 2-3 times the amount present at the absolute peak in April.
TL;DR: if you're in MA, infection is WAY WORSE than the spring, and CLIMBING. doing *anything* indoors is risky. and extra weight increases likelihood of complications/death.
one last note in case anyone thinks I'm being alarmist, or not affected personally or whatever: our family-owned restaurant, which had been around almost 40 years, went out of business at end of the summer (>30 people now out of work). and I have a 14 year old family member who had it in March and April and is still extremely ill (long-haul COVID) and will likely be affected for the rest of their life. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. please stay safe.
Post a Comment