I am very excited to go up to Syracuse and meet my new team. Having said that, I'm very self conscious about my weight. :-(
I went to Goodwill and bought 20 items of clothing - mostly for the trip. I have a couple of dresses ($5) each, as well as nice tops, slacks, and some jeans ($4 each). I plan to take a bit of a variety of items, but I know that folks do wear jeans in the office, so I feel okay taking a bit of a variety.
Unfortunately I will not be able to use the YMCA while I am there - due to covid they aren't allowing reciprocity from other Ys outside the area. There is a small fitness center in the hotel at least, and of course I can do stretch of yoga videos on youtube.
I wish I could sound more positive - I have a great new job that I am excited about and I've been learning tons and the company is AMAZING. And I'm so glad I left the dumpster fire that was my last company. And I'm looking forward to T having his second surgery so we can put all of his knee troubles behind us.
I want to live my best life and I'm limiting myself. Why?

4 comments:
Yeah on the new job and new clothing!! Boo on the feeling of being self-conscious. Girl, you are living your best life! I think in hindsight you will be kicking yourself in the butt for not realizing it. It is often hard to realize how good we have it when it is good. Go in there and meet your time and do not worry about your weight. Next time you see them you will be back down in your comfort zone and they probably will not even notice! Enjoy your trip!!
Score on the clothes and big congrats on going to a better company! Hang in there on the self consciousness. We all go through it.
As Eleanor Roosevelt once said,"You won't worry so much about what others think of you, if you realized how seldom they do." Everyone will be going through that same feeling, and everyone will be inside their own head so much they won't be thinking about judging others except to notice all the qualities in others that they wish they had. It's wicked what we do to ourselves!
Great score on the clothing. I am so happy you got out of that old job. I think things will fall into place. When in a difficult job we can get down & get down on ourselves. Now you will be feeling more positive you will get back on track.
Paula C
Post a Comment