Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Self fulfilling prophecy

 Last week or so, I noticed that after dinner when it's time to sit down and "relax" my anxiety would start ramping up. This is normally the time I would have a cocktail and start snacking - and of course those are habits I am trying to curb in order to lose weight. I think that change, and the absence of my evening habit is the root cause of the anxiety. I mean, that's fairly obvious! It's what to do about it I am struggling with. I've tried walking the dog, going to the hot tub, reading a book ... with varying degrees of success. This was a habit I managed to break for 2 YEARS, so I know I can do it again. Frustrating.....

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Are you sure that the absence of the eating habit is the cause for the anxiety? I would not assume that. I would suggest the eating is response to anxiety. I think you are right to substitute another activity for the eating. But probably the anxiety is still issue. If I remember right, anxiety always comes from/based in fear.

Vickie said...

That is so bizarre, I only hit the publish button once