Friday, March 17, 2023

You can lead a horse to water (and I got on the scale)

 First off, the scale. Yes, I did some pretty major emotional eating, but I'm down 0.2 pounds. So that's not great, but not terrible.

So after my husband put together a spreadsheet with 3 months of their spending, the response he got back from his son was "yeah, we know what the issues are. we'll take care of it."  Um, please. If it were that easy we'd all be debt free with money in savings. So just an example, they made 1 car payment in 3 months, but spent $900 on DoorDash. Dude, these people should be working for DD, not ordering it!

I have no intention of giving them money ever again.

Just ugh.

Other than that I'm ok. Going over to my bestie's tomorrow to do some costuming. So that will be fun!

Take care.

3 comments:

Mrs Swan said...

Holy shit balls of fire on that DD total. Fun fact, I have never ordered DD or UberEats. I am so nosey so I want to see that spreadsheet. Haha

I could understand groceries to that amount because damn. It adds up so fast!!!

They need to check out some Dave Ramsey. I don't love his views personally but his steps are a great resource.

Paula C said...

Sorry about the kids. Now that the bank of Dad closed the doors they will learn. Some folks have to learn the hard way. Hey at least you had a loss. Mine was a gain. Hope you & bestie had some fun. You need to catch a break.

Anonymous said...

I applaud you and your husband for not giving them any more money. I sat down with my stepson, taught him how to balance a checkbook, created a budget with him. While he lived with us, he did great, but once he and his girlfriend moved in together, everything we taught him went out the window. My husband and I will not pay their bills for them, especially not after we taught them better.