Cruising the lake, listening to Christmas carols
That was the activity yesterday afternoon. It has (temporarily) cooled down a bit here – it was a mere 29 when I went for my walk this morning. The temps are going back up (a bit) – I think our high of 73 on Monday was a record.
I am back to having a tough time getting out of bed. I slept in yesterday, but did get up today. There’s a bit more leeway in the morning routine with the boy over at camp grandma. Yesterday was his last day of school – it was a party filled half day. He went, but I don’t think he’s still feeling all that hot.
Work is dead. There is practically no one here, so yeah, I’m a little bored. But I have gotten desk & files organized for next year. So that’s nice.
I still haven’t done my cards! Argh! I will do them tomorrow. Last night we sat on our butts and watched some “Battlestar Galactica”, so tonight is more housework. Fun times. No big plans for the weekend – a bit of food prep for the holiday meal, but that’s about it. I admit it feels good not to have some project hanging over my head. I want to make my Chihuahua a coat, so I may work on that. Otherwise, just chilling out. Hitting a couple of movies sans boy and grabbing a pizza Saturday night. The overwhelming urge to paint the dining room has passed – for now at least.
I haven’t been writing a lot about the whole “diet” thing, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been thinking. I know myself well enough to know I need a structured plan, but one that will allow me to have some not so healthy foods in there as well. I’ve been figuring that all out, and have begun to move my eating habits in that direction. I don’t want to make some big New Years commitment, because those don’t last. But last week’s foray onto the scale put a scare into me. I’ve gained back a painful chunk of the weight I’ve lost, so I have to turn the ship around. I decided not to wait until January – I need to start now. And I already have. There’s no time like the present.
Hope you all have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment