Thursday, December 07, 2006

Define Christmas Spirit???

I realized something this morning – I’m not sure I know what this says about me, but here it is. The boy and I shopped yesterday for 1) a child in foster care we’d “adopted” for the holiday and 2) the food drive currently running here at work. Guessing, I spent roughly $75 on the little boy and $60 on groceries. I spent $10 on my MIL. I’m sorry, I’m still bitter about the birthday gift. Why should I spend money on someone who won’t appreciate it and will likely badmouth whatever I give her, when I can give to people genuinely in need? I try to be generous, but it’s hard to feel that way for her. I guess the lesson here is never treat my mom badly – that’s a hole you’ll never dig yourself out of with me.

People I need help! I can get up to go to the gym, but it is freaking freezing and I CANNOT get up to walk outside. I have to get a workout area set up. Right now afternoons are so busy that doing it in the afternoon doesn’t seem very possible. I got home at 6 yesterday after the boy & I did all our shopping. Crazy.

No comments: