Free time overload!!!
I don’t know if I mentioned it or not, but my son got out of school Tuesday. He has been staying in luxurious accommodations over at “camp grandma” – his exclusive getaway home one town over. Party at my place!!! I haven’t cooked a meal in 2 days – I made a pot of chili & a pot of chicken soup and told the hub to heat up whatever he wanted. The next meal I cook will be Christmas Eve. Heh!
Last night we had some shows Tivo-ed, a couple of dvds from Netflix, and season 7 of Star Trek: DS9. We also had a bit of housework to do. We worked on the house (did quite a bit actually) and watched TV, but I have to admit, I was sitting in my chair feeling bored. No homework to help with, no meal to prep/clean up from, no mindless snacking. I couldn’t believe how much time I had! I thought (briefly) about starting on some craft project, but ultimately decided against it. I may pick up a cross stitch after the holiday, but right now I’m just enjoying the novelty of boredom. Normally this would mean after dinner snacking, but that hasn’t been happening.
We gave the Chihuahua a stern lecture about sucking our life force in the morning, making it impossible for us to get out of bed. (She is evil that way!) She must’ve listened because getting up was a bit easier this morning. We were out of the bed by 5 and hit the gym for a good workout. We’ve been hitting our target of 2 weight lifting sessions per week (which will be going up to 3), although we’ve had to be a bit flexible with the days. Consistency has been the key. Now that we’re managing the 2, I’m hoping we can make that 3. I will admit, hitting the gym 3 times a week has always been difficult for me.
I will say I am really enjoying going in the morning with the hub. No, we do not work out together! We don’t even work out near each other. We have diametrically opposing views about lifting weights, and I have a difficult time keeping my opinion (my opinion is that his is wrong) to myself. This is easy because he generally uses the machines and I generally use the free weights. Every once in a while he’ll wander back and I’ll show him something. What is really nice about it though is 1) having another person to hold you accountable. If I don’t get out of bed, we both miss our workout and 2) we get to talk in the car. Granted, we’re both a bit fuzzy about the edges, but still, its nice.
This isn’t exactly related to fitness, but whatever. I have become obsessed with face creams. I think hitting 40 has warped my brain. I’ve tried all kinds. Any good recommendations?
I know I haven’t been publishing my weight for a while – I’ve made vague statements “down a pound” or “I gained”, but nothing more than that. I am thinking about adding the weight chart back – if I can figure out how. As of last Friday’s weigh in, I have gained 9.5 pounds this year. Not cool! Up 15 pounds from the low I got down to. Even less cool! I decided to start doing something about it right then. Not the first of the year, not after Christmas, RIGHT THEN. And so I have been.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment