Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ready for something good

This has been a good week so far. Food has been on track and I have managed some exercise every day – even if it’s just walking a couple of miles in the ‘hood. I was a bit cranky yesterday morning, but overall my attitude has been pretty good. The boy and hub have been getting along – they even went to the movies together last night and left me home ALONE!!! Woo hoo!

This is going to be a busy weekend, so I decided to take a half day off of work tomorrow. I am having dinner guests Friday night, the boy has a tae kwon do test Saturday AM, then he has his birthday party/sleep over Saturday night. Sunday we are going to Lowe’s to pick out/pick up the stuff for the boy’s bathroom re-do. I have to admit, he has picked stuff I like too, and I am excited that we are getting to do something in there.

I am trying not to freak out about the fact that hub still isn’t working. We’re good for another 6-8 weeks. We have our tax return coming soon (as soon as I get the darn taxes done!) and his check in June. If we live a bit lean, we’re fine for quite a while. It means we can’t pay down bills the way I’d like or do some of the extras, but we’ll be okay. I keep telling myself that so I will not panic. I think the fact that I’m not panicking is helping to keep him on an even keel.

Next week I am going back to a more formal eating and exercise plan, but for now my habits are getting cleaned back up, and that’s certainly a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Jack said...

As my wife enters her final few weeks of work I can't help but wonder how things are going to go for us. Reading about your ups and downs is helping me prepare mentally for any ups and downs that we may have. In any case though I pray your husband finds work soon. Hang in there, you are doing good!