Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Crawling out from under the stress

There are a lot of things going on, little and small. For one, my hobby is taking over my life – not in a good way. I am the treasurer for the state, overseeing 17 local branches. 3 of those are or will soon be on probation of some sort due to lack of or improper financial reporting. This creates a huge amount of extra training and oversight I must do, not to mention keeping up with my other groups.

So when stuff like yesterday happens – the guy doesn’t show up to service the heat pump, odd cell phone charge on credit card bill so hub goes to cell phone store but I can’t pull bill up on home computer b/c he has made more room for music on the computer by erasing part of the OS so that the internet doesn’t work, work computer won’t let me get onto internet either and I had to place a 6 pm call to the help desk….. yeah, I pretty much went over the edge last night.

It’s like I’m right at the edge of acceptable stress levels, so any annoyance pushes me over the edge. This isn’t a good place to be. I will get these groups straightened out because I signed up for this job (although I had NO idea how much time it would take up!).

Things I have in my own personal action plan:

I’ve been doing about 85% of my planning and weekend food prep. Need to increase that percentage.

Get exercising! I ordered the am/pm yoga on VHS (that’s all we have in the bedroom). The am program is 15 minutes and the pm is 20. I can manage that. That will get me 2-fold benefits: exercise and stress relief.

Stop making excuses.

Put myself first at least 1 hour a day.

Hope you have agreat Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: