I do not like green eggs and ham
Sometimes I have a lamentable lapse in judgement. This week I decided to make myself pasta for lunch – so I got a bag of “Italian” mixed frozen veggies (which I steamed), then combined with sautéed chicken breast, my barilla protein plus pasta, and no sugar spaghetti sauce. Yum-o, right? Wrong! It tasted oogie – I blame the lima beans in the vegetable mix. I love limas, but they didn’t belong here. So today instead of eating my yum-o (not!) lunch from home, I bought a cup of chili (300 calories). So, not a bad choice, but I am so disappointed that my yummy fantasy lunch turned out to not be quite so amazing in the cold harsh light of reality.
I have now driven to the greater Raleigh/Durham co-prosperity sphere 3 times in 9 days in my capacity as NC treasurer of a certain medieval non-profit. And I am tired I tell you! I spent the night at a friend’s last night – going to bed after 11 and then waking up (and I mean wide awake) at 4:15. So I got up and drove in to work. And I feel like an extra from “Night of the Living Dead”, only more dead than alive. A slightly worn zombie, maybe.
So, my hobby has been stressful, my husband continues to work 7 days a week and will for another couple of weeks (if they let up on the mandatory overtime after Dec 12th as promised even though the job won’t be done), oh and my son is acting like the moodiest teen on the planet. His grandpa (my ex step dad) and his wife threw my ex step brother out of the house, and the boy is all upset about it. And of course no one in the history of the planet has ever felt the emotions! He! Is! Feeling! William Shatner could get lessons on how to over-act from the boy I tell ya.
Needless to say, my Friday commitment to losing weight has been tough. Pluses: hard workouts at the gym Fri, Sat, and Sun (30 tough minutes on the elliptical), very good eating Friday and Saturday. Sunday was good until I had a stress eating episode, which led to insomnia, which led to eating Thanksgiving leftovers at 3 am…..
I didn’t get to exercise yesterday due to travel, and I probably will pass today since I am a zombie. I had a lovely dinner with my friend I stayed with – not the healthiest maybe (grilled chicken, bacon, and tomato sandwich with homemade cheese sauce on top and baked apples for dessert), but it was at home and I didn’t snack or have any alcohol or anything.
Tonight at our house is the neighbor’s famous homemade lasagna. Even though I had breakfast at 5:30 am, the only “extra” thing I’ve eaten was a slice of light wheat bread with peanut butter to help tide me over until lunch. I will have a big salad and a small piece because they only make it once a year and it totally rocks.
Did I tell you that I ordered an am/pm yoga tape? It shipped, but hasn’t arrived yet. I am too paranoid to go to an actual class at the gym, but I plan to keep doing the elliptical to my “Cardio Coach” CDs until I feel a bit more comfortable in my skin. Is that a copout?
There is a gym that offers Crossfit classes 4 days a week at a totally doable time, but I feel too big to go. That’s kinda sad really.
I’m so done with this. I’ve been writing down foods that I like that are portion controlled (Amy’s organic burritos, yogurt with a ¼ cup of raw oats added) and fill me up. Hmm… the yogurt might make a good after dinner snack…..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have been doing the Crossfit workouts at home for about two weeks now and am really starting to enjoy it. I have to do a lot of scaled back workouts because I can't do a lot of the normal stuff due to being old and weak. I wouldn't worry about "feeling too big", just do it! With Crossfit you can start whereever you are at and work up to the "normal" routines. I would suggest you at least check it out, it's pretty addicting once you start.
Post a Comment