Friday, April 18, 2008

Birthday weekend and lessons learned

Tomorrow is my birthday. I’m taking a half day off today to do the grocery shopping and run errands. That will give me more time tomorrow for planting my herb garden (my gift from my mom) and working on things around the house.

The hub is taking the day off today to work on the deck. He hasn’t had many days off and the job he’s been working on was winding down and he wasn’t needed, so this is a good chance for him to get a bit of down time. Right now their crew is parceled out amongst other crews because their job hasn’t started yet. Once his boss’ job starts in June (which is when he will be the foreman) he probably won’t get a lot of time except for our annual vacation – and he many only get 1 week for that.

Our weed eater died so he had to buy a new one today. It’s always something, isn’t it?

I have planned out the meals for next week and included some “plan b” type things incase of emergency. I would say that eating vegetarian is (for me) easy, eating vegan is more challenging but once I got some good recipes under my belt wouldn’t be too hard. But this whole “eating for life” is tough because it also eliminates things like artificial sweeteners, caffeine, and your grains are limited. I am definitely NOT 100% compliant, but I can see an improvement in how I feel with just the 80% or so I’ve been able to achieve. So, I’ll keep plugging away at it!

I hope you guys have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jack said...

I wish you an early Happy Birthday, have a really great day!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.