Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Just stuff

I worked from home yesterday so I could wait for the exterminator. It worked out well because 1) I was able to got vote at a time when there was no line and 2) I used my commute time to get some stuff done around the house.

Who knew NC would make such a difference in the democratic primary? Little ole us?

The spring cleaning bug has hit me hard this year. That, coupled with the fact that my mom is having a yard sale! I have cleaned out the linen closet, cleaned out the guest room, organized the drawers in my bathroom, filed my recipes...

The garage "situation" (everything had to be moved away from the walls so that the exterminator could treat for termites) is the perfect excuse to use the rainy weather this weekend to get out and give IT an overhaul. I love spring cleaning. I am an organizational freak and the anti-pack rat. :-)

We are staying home quite a bit this spring, which is both good and bad. The good is that we are getting caught up on tasks around the house that were left undone a long time. That makes me a much more relaxed person. I do miss seeing friends though. Some good friends of ours are coming later in the month for a weekend. It also stinks that we aren’t doing anything special for our anniversary. Maybe we’ll go out for dinner or something, but no weekend getaway or anything.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Speaking of exterminators, my company just sent out an e-mail that we can't leave any food in our desks at night - we have been invaded by rats!

I am waiting for the spring cleaning bug to hit my wife, it always results in misery from my side ;-)