Keeping it in perspective
I read a blog called “Fat cyclist”: http://www.fatcyclist.com/ I found it via a funny “fake news story” over on the Cycling news web site while following the Tour a few years ago. Yesterday, Fatty (his term) found out that in addition to his wife’s cancer coming back, she has brain tumors. Many tumors.
As poopy as my week has been, that reminded me that there are things in life that no money or fame or beauty or success can protect you from. And that termites and braces and a budget that makes even the nickels scream are not fun, but they are things I can manage and fix.
My husband made dinner last night (tuna helper and I had a vegan tv dinner) and we had a couple of beers (a big splurge these days) and watched klingon episodes of Star Trek. I am taking 2 hours off today to run a few errands to make the weekend a bit more relaxed. I want to accomplish quite a bit around the house, and I really need a pair of black sandals for work.
The weather is going to be nice, maybe some scattered rain tomorrow, but Mr. Husband is just gonna have to deal because that deck needs to be done already!
Have a great weekend. Hugs your kids, love your spouse, rub the dog. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree, everyone needs a hug. Maybe that'll do it so the deck gets done eh!
The old ST, TNG or DS9?
I love the Klingon TNG episodes. I should check if my local library has the dvds.
And life is good, thanks for the reminder. I had similar thoughts when I was reading GIMP (the Zupan autobiography) this week.
Post a Comment