Monday, November 10, 2008

Changes

This weekend I went a purchased a pair of sweatpants (my old ones were worn out) and a new pair of walking shoes. This morning I got up to go for a walk – I nearly died. My calves and shins were screaming in pain and I didn’t think I’d make it home. I am going to try adding those heel gel cushions to the new shoes and I am going to try walking in the evening – hopefully my muscles will be more warmed up and that will work better. This afternoon we are going to sign the rest of the family up for the gym. Monday and Wednesdays we are all going to go to the gym together. I will probably do a bit of lifting and use the elliptical – it will be easier on the legs until I get a big of fitness back (and drop some weight).

I could be freaked out about this (and I kinda am), but with everything else going on in my life, this feels like something I can control and something I can do something about. As compared with trying to come up with some plans ‘b’ whiel waiting for news. Which is a pretty powerless feeling, which is why I’ve been so stressed/depressed. This will give me something to focus on and it’s something where I will be able to see and feel results. That’s gotta be a good thing.

In short, I an now returning this to a fitness blog. I’m sure I’ll continue to update/post about other things. But I want to focus on this.

Oh yeah, and the great diet clean-up commenced today as well. I’m not currently focused on calories – just on getting a lot of the crap out that had somehow snuck in while my brain was otherwise engaged. I got up and had my green drink, follwed by a piece of toast with peanut butter and herbal tea. Yum.

2 comments:

Jack said...

My mom always said when life is tough concentrate on what you can change and pray through the rest. You've pushed restart, give it your best, we'll be cheering you on!

m said...

Good comment from Jack!

I made myself work out yesterday. It felt good. It also helps the mind just as much as it helps the body. I need new shoes though. I just don't have the $90 to get a good pair right now.