Thursday, December 10, 2009

I feel good

Lately I’ve been mentally beating myself up about not going to the gym. Add that to the facts that 1) it’s been cold and yucky outside a fair bit and 2) we have a semi-permanent guest in our guest room (where I used to work out) and the sum total is a big old slugfest.

Instead of continuing to flog myself over the lack of exercise, I decided to brainstorm and figure out what I could and would do. So I decided to not give my tv/dvd combo to my MIL and keep it for myself. I can either set it up in my bathroom (yes, my bathroom is THAT BIG), or in the bedroom. But if I put it in the bedroom I have to kick the dogs out, which is why the bathroom is looking like a pretty good idea. Either way I have a place to work out.

I need to move my exercise stuff & dvds out of the guest room and into my room. I have placed several workout dvds in my netflix queue. One is a 2-disc set of 15 10 minute workouts by Gilad. I like his dvds a lot and I figure even I can squeeze in 10 minutes. The main thing is to re-start the babit. I also ordered Pavel Tsatsouline’s “From Russia with Tough Love” kettlebell dvd from amazon.

It feels good to have a plan.

No comments: