Wednesday, December 09, 2009

State of the union

I haven’t meant to abandon this poor blog. Life has been pretty hectic.

A new dog: I know I’ve mentioned my mom’s childhood friend – we’ll call her Ann. She has anorexia, depression, anxiety attacks .. Ann decided she wanted a dog. Okay. But instead of getting a small, adult, already housebroken dog, she got a puppy. Which of course was way more than she could possibly handle. The day after Thanksgiving she called my mom in a total state and asked her to come down. Ann was going to have to take the dog back to the (not no kill) shelter – there was no way she could manage. Mom brought the dog back. He’s actually doing pretty well at our house – he sleeps with the boy and until Christmas break, he’s spends the day at my mom’s so she can help with the potty training. He’s a short haired dachshund mixed with some sort of terrier I think.

A new boy (kinda): My son’s friend – we’ll call him Tim. He lives with his aunt & uncle. His uncle lost his job over a year ago and was diagnosed back then with major depression. Since he didn’t stay on his medication and hasn’t gone to counseling, things have gotten worse. Things over at their house are pretty bad and as a result, Tim spends most of his time at our house. He is (for all intents & purposes) living in our guest room. Sure, they’ve said he can’t move out until he’s 18 (in less than 4 months), but since he spends 5 or so nights per week with us and we are the ones giving him lunch money (they don’t)… well, if he’s NOT living with us he might as well be!

Me: I’ve gained 6 pounds from my lowest and time for myself has become a distant memory. Not good.

No comments: