Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year, Same Me

I think “New Year, New You” is probably one of the most annoying article titles to ever be slapped on the cover of a magazine. I like the old me just fine!

Of course, there are things I’d like to be different this year, and there are things I’d like to do differently.

Last year I lost (and kept off) 25 pounds. My fitness level has improved. I’d like to build on that success.

The first part of the year we saved money – the second part of the year we spent money on necessary things like a new roof, a new heat pump, a car… Overall, I hope we can get all that paid off and start saving again. And no more financial emergencies this year please – we had more than our share last year!!!!

Work was good and I hope that continues!

Hub may be laid off next week. He’s been so happy with this company, I hate it. I hope he is happy with whatever comes his way.

My medieval re-enactment group was all too often annoying due to politics, personality conflicts, etc. I am stepping down from my treasurer job. One major responsibility I took on ended when my friend stepped down from her role (I was her assistant). I volunteered for another but wasn’t selected. Yeah, I’m a bit disappointed, but it is also an opportunity. This year I intend to put less time and effort into this and more time and effort into a new hobby.

Fitness is my new hobby for 2010. I am collecting and organizing my tools at home for home workouts in my room. I started out last year with good intentions (and success!), but got unfocused toward the end of the year. By divesting myself of other hobby priorities, I can focus on this, painting my house, and my doll house. All of which sound fun and very gratifying.

Rather than treating fitness as a chore or task, I am going to look at it as a leisure past time – read about aspects of it, learn, try, practice.

Hope you enjoy a wonderful new year!!!

No comments: