Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just a bunch of stuff

I went to my Tone & Sculpt class at the work gym last night (it’s more like a mini-me gym wannabe, but it has enough room for (small) classes, a few weights and a dvd player, and 1 each recumbent bike, treadmill, and elliptical). I thought the class was pretty good.

Plusses:
It’s 30 minutes, enough to get a decent workout without getting bored
It’s at work. Hello, convenience!

Minuses:
Co-workers seeing you looking chubby in workout clothes.
I chose too light weights last night, so not too much of a workout, but I can fix this next time.

All in all, I’m glad I signed up! Today I have my first yoga class. I’ll report back!

I’ve watched an hour of Tracy Reifkind’s dvd. It’s not a “workout dvd” per se, it’s more of a seminar to teach instructors how to design workouts, drive progress, etc. for their clients. It’s useful, but it’s a “sit down and watch and make notes” v. “follow along at home”, which leaves my son wondering whether I consider watching people exercise as exercise. (15 year olds say lots of smackable things!) The main disc is 1.5 hours long, with another discussion disc that’s 45 minutes. I’ve learned a lot of stuff so far.

We were able to turn off the air and open the house up this past weekend. It has contributed to my sleeping like a log! I got up a little before 5 this morning to get my walk in and get my lunch box packed. I wanted to leave early since I needed to get 2 dogs to the vet (Butch is having his sutures out and I wanted the vet to check a cyst looking thing on Jordan’s eyelid). The mornings are very pleasant, and luckily I got my walk in before it started raining because it was really raining hard! Juggling 2 dog leashes and an umbrella is pretty comical.

I’ve been doing a smoothie (frozen banana, 1/3 mango, green powder and spinach) and a mini bagel with lox for breakfast. This morning I didn’t have time to sit down & eat (plus it was very early) so I had my smoothie then had oatmeal when I got to work.

Lunches this week are pitas. I found some oat bran & flax pitas that are 60 calories each. They’re pretty thin, but they hold up fairly well. I’ve been stuffing them with hummus, 4 olives, banana peppers, cucumber, and tomato. Also brought a very small cup of vegetable soup yesterday & today since it’s been a bit chilly in the office. It takes a while to get everything packed up, but I’ve just decided to take whatever time I need to get ready instead of rushing like a crazy person. It’s much less stressful.

Yoga is from 12-1. I usually eat at 11:30. I don’t want to eat my whole lunch before doing downward dog, so I have to experiment with eating part of it and finishing it after class. I’ll either have the soup or half a pita. No big deal, just something I need to get used to. I eat breakfast early, so I’ve been eating lunch at 11:30 for the last decade or so!

Hopefully this is hub’s last week working out of town! It’s been tough, I’m glad the end is in sight!

No comments: