Monday, September 27, 2010

My triumphant return!

I had a wonderful time on vacation. I didn’t use an alarm clock, I took afternoon naps as needed, and at the end of it all I had what feels like a brand new, larger, space.

I painted the hall, entryway, living room, and dining room. Everything is a neutral light khaki (think of sand) except under the chair rail in the dining room is aqua. Since the new slipcovers (yes, I did that too) are a neutral color (they were made from painter’s tarps from Lowe’s. Hey, they’re inexpensive and can stand up to dogs) I painted the bookshelves in the living room the same aqua. It matches my new lamps I bought when we got the sofas right before Pennsic.

I re-arranged artwork and framed some prints I had and hung them as well. Oh, and I steam cleaned my carpets.

Hub liked it too, so I am glad. I can’t get over how much airier it all feels. Well worth the effort.

I didn't get to the gym as planned, but honestly I was exhausted from all the physical work I was doing.

Nice to be back to work and back to a routine. I have yummy food planned for the week, heavy on the raw veg. And the 2 classes I signed up for here at work (yoga and tone & sculpt) starrted last week, so I'll let you know how they are once I've been.

No comments: