The daily report
I went yesterday afternoon to the gym with my co-worker. I thanked her for inviting me and I intend to invite her today. While lunchtime yoga was not at relaxing as it normally is (it's very difficult to quiet my brain these days), it felt good to go and stretch and be quiet for an hour.
Dinner last night was salad and a baked spagetti that my mom brought over. The kitchen is still offline and will be for a while. Tonight hub needs to do siding. When he replaced the french doors last week, we discovered that the old ones weren't a standard size - they were larger. So the new openings needed to be smaller, which means that on the outside of the house we now have an outline around the door frames where the Tyvek is exposed and there is no siding. So the siding on both those walls needs to be replaced. Neither wall is big - thankfully it's a strange little L shaped "indention" in the footprint of the house around where the deck is. I think both walls are maybe 10 feet long. Nevertheless, we may get rain tomorrow so this is priority 1, with getting the kitchen up and running relegated to priority 2. We won't discuss the master bath as I would cry.
The plan for dinner tonight is a salad (a bit of a challenge since I have no work surface cleared to actually do any food prep!) and either leftover casserole or a container of vegetable soup from the freezer, with bread for the guys. Thankfully, the microwave is still accessible.
The guys moved a bunch of stuff out of the master bedroom and into the storage unit last night - I found my scale! I got on it this morning and I gained a pound last week. Not happy about that, but now at least I know so I can move forward.
Breakfast today was a veggie omelet. Snacks are 1) almonds & prunes and 2) 2 clementines. Lunch is a frozen Amy's organic tv dinner and dinner I already discussed. After work I need to pick up some more fresh fruit.
I plan to work out at the office gym today. There is water aerobics and spin at the gym tonight but this is the month that they are remodeling the women's locker room, so last week I had to empty my locker at the Y. I think the contents are in a grocery bag, but their precise location is currently unknown. So my swim suit and spin shorts are MIA.
Co-workers who have lived there keep telling me the schools in Ft. Lauderdale are terrible. Hopefully I can get some more specific information from a real estate agent when they are onsite this week. That is my current HUGE stress point about this move. I don't want my son in a bad school - even if it's only for 2 years.
Hub's stress point is how much work he has to get done to get the house ready to be put up for sale. I jokingly told him that the month of February should be subtitled "28 days of hell" since our goal is to have the house 99% ready to go at that point. I feel like mid-March is the absolute latest we can get it on the market if we want to get it sold.
Okay, enough whining! Have a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment