Laughter is the best medicine
I’ve been so stressed out lately that it’s a wonder my head hasn’t exploded. Driving home from work yesterday I was talking to my mom about how much we have to get done around the house to get it ready to go on the market and how little time we have and how my husband doesn’t seem to understand how little time we have left. I decided that after dinner we really needed to sit down with a calendar and a list of what needed to be done and work on a schedule.
Then I got home and realized I was dealing with Captain Cranky Pants and quickly changed my plans. I know he’s dealing with a lot – we all are. Once Obstinate Boy got home I gave him permission to go to the mall with a friend to get new shoes. Then I made my husband sit down, drink a couple of beers (over the course of the evening), and watch a funny movie. We watched “Step Brothers” with Will Farrell, which is stupid but really funny if you happen to like his brand of humor. So I think it helped both of us to sit down & laugh together. There hasn’t been much of that around our house lately.
Between everything that has to be done and how much it’s all costing, we’ve all been on edge. There’s just so much uncertainty it’s hard not to be. But it was nice to sit down, laugh, and remember that life is good even when it’s tough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment