Monday, March 07, 2011

Remembering where I was

I had to go back and read my last post because I didn’t remember what was going on when I wrote it. That about sums things up around here. I forgot a co-workers last name. She sits 2 desks down and we’ve worked together for five and a half years. My mind, it has gone missing.

My grandma is in a holding pattern. Hospice recommended she be taken off the antibiotic, the doctor wanted to do another round. Mom had mixed feelings, so agreed to a second round. They did have a care meeting last week and agreed that this would be it. She still has pneumonia after being on the anti-biotic for 2 weeks, so I think this is just postponing things, but what do I know?

My house is a torn up wreck – the carpet people should be there any minute so the bedrooms have been emptied into the front of the house. We painted the guest room and the boy’s room. Priming over the dark grey walls and painting it tan drove home for him (I think) the fact that this is really happening. He had a total meltdown Sunday. I feel so bad for him.

The master bathroom is mostly painted and is looking really nice. It’s starting to come together – there is still a fair bit to be done, but I’m starting to feel the end is in sight.

I am reading Asimov’s “Chronology of the World” which is an uber condensed history of the world. But since it’s Asimov, the writing is so well done and entertaining that reading it is a pleasure.

I made myself a juice this morning and put too big a piece of ginger in the juicer and man was that a wake me up!!! It did leave me feeling much more energetic. Jack LaLane knew what he was talking about with the whole juice thing.

No comments: