Normally, I don't do a big Easter meal. This year would be no exception except I picked up a 15 pound turkey for 40 cents a pound after Christmas. That sucker has been in my freezer ever since. The family (my mom, son, and his girlfriend) are coming down on Friday and we are headed out of town on Monday. So Sunday seemed like a good time to use the turkey.
My original plan was turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a dessert. Son asked if I would please make homemade dressing as well, so I am. It's like a Thanksgiving dinner, but a very streamlined version.
Since we are leaving town the next day I figured leftover turkey would be either frozen or used to make sandwiches for the road (or salad in the case of the hub & I).
Next week we are headed to the Keys for the week as a graduation present to the boy. Monday is SCUBA diving at John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo (son and I are the only divers in the family), Tuesday is the Coral Castle (google Coral Castle museum if curious), Wednesday is snorkeling back at JP state park, then Thursday and Friday are doing misc. tourist things down in Key West. So, loads of being out in the warm sunshine - walking and swimming.
Woork is good these days but I am still looking forward to this trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment