So, some good things:
Hub is working. He worked most of last week, all of this week, and this job looks like it will last another 1-2 weeks. It seems like the temp work is picking up a bit, and I hope it stays that way a while! Yay money!
On the way home yesterday, my husband stopped by the liquor store and got 38 boxes. (Yes, this is considered excitement in my life!) We are organizing some things this weekend with an eye to start going through our books, so having the boxes to pack them up in will be excellent.
Hub isn't too bad, but I really need to cull through my books, again. What can I say? I love printed books and the library here has a small "friends of the library" shop that sells books - $1 for hardbacks and $0.25 for paperbacks. For those prices its easy to take a chance on something you may not like! And when I am done I generally donate them back, but it's time to review my collection. Some are 'reference' type things around crafts or sewing that I want to keep, some are cookbooks, but I also have a lot of fiction and non-fiction. However, I am also a person that re-reads books. I just need to decide what is worth keeping to re-read and what can go.
It's been a long week. I'm worried about not only my stepdad, but how our son is going to deal with it. I know he (my stepdad) has a positive attitude and is getting the best possible care. I am hoping that either the new medicine or another round of treatment will buy him more time.
I'm doing better. Yesterday I walked 3 miles (with hand weights) and there was no after dinner snacking. It was like I was almost myself again!
I read a really good profile of a blogger I read regularly: http://www.livingasimplelife.com/jumping-off-the-treadmill/ I found it very encouraging message - "don't wait until things are perfect to follow your dreams". That's very true. Life is never perfect and we can't wait until the conditions are just right. That's true for ANYTHING in life - not just weight loss or fitness.
Now, to apply that message to my own life!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment