First of all, thank you Plum Petals for your kind comments!
I am not a risk taker. Both my parents worked at a job for 30+ years and now collect a pension. Those days are mostly over. I don't care to argue whether that's a good or bad thing, that's just what it is. Both by personality and watching my family, I'm not one to go out on a crazy, high risk adventure.
I admire people that can do it, it's not just me. Right now I am trying to walk a line of making choices that offer a range of outcomes. I don't know what my life will look like in 6 months, and that's both scary and exciting. I am trying to find my way into trying new things while doing the responsible thing for myself and my family, you know?
For me, part of what makes it tough is the fact that I have a child who still depends on me for health insurance. That keeps at least one of us tied in to a certain style of work.
Things have been crazy stressful lately, and this weekend was no exception. I realized this morning (as I bought a muffin to go with the healthy breakfast I brought from home) that I've been using food to cope with stress. Again. Sigh.
I cut the muffin in half and threw the second half away. On my lunch break I will be using the fitness center for a cardio video and some yoga.
I know the healthy things to do, and do many of them. But it's easy to let old habits creep back in when we are on auto-pilot.
My goal for this week isn't to be perfect, just to be mindful.
Happy Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment