Friday, November 01, 2013

TGIF (The usual Friday title)

Dear Diary,

You won't believe what I did last night.  I cooked dinner!  And it was healthy and everything!!!  Who am I??  Hee hee.

Love,
Me

That's kinda how I feel about it, but yeah, I got a healthy supper on the table.  I'm a big fan of one pot meals (especially the crock pot!), but a close second is a "one baking sheet meal."

Last night I halved & cleaned a sweet dumpling squash (think I prefer acorn and butternut, but still good) and popped it in the microwave for 5 minutes.  While that was cooking I cut up some brussel sprouts and wrapped a piece of salmon and spices in foil.  I put everything on a baking sheet, popped it in the oven for 25 minutes, and served it up.  It felt so nice to eat a simple, healthy meal.

We did make some air popped popcorn later for scary movie watching, but it was a very quiet evening.  I got up early again this morning, rebooted the dishwasher, made hub's salad for lunch, packed my lunch & breakfast, AND packed up a couple more boxes of books!  I think I have one more box of books to do and I am done! (We are using liquor store boxes so they won't be too big & heavy.)

This weekend I am sorting through music, which should be A LOT easier.  I have a bunch I am donating, but I still probably have too many books.  Everything from children's books which belonged to my parents to paperbacks I picked up in college and have read at least a dozen times over the years.  I will probably cull through them again (it's a never ending process) but my donate pile is most impressive!

I went to the fitness center yesterday, but didn't get outside for a walk.  (I think it will be easier after time change, and after I have caught up on my house chores.)  Still and all, yesterday was a  pretty good day.

I talked to my boss about my oral surgery schedule and have permission to work from home a few days over the holidays.  With the vacation days, that means I'll be able to spend two weeks with my family!  Yes, I will have to work some days, but still - awesome!

Nice way to start the weekend! :-)

1 comment:

PlumPetals said...

Baked salmon is one of my favorite healthy go-to meals!