Saturday, August 30, 2014

Traveling on a holiday weekend

I'm not a big fan of traveling on holiday weekends.  I'd much rather travel when there is less traffic.  However, we wanted to come see my great aunt and I had Monday off, so here we are in southwest Georgia.  Driving through Atlanta was a pain (lots of traffic!), but no accidents and we made it through okay.

No real plans - taking Alma to get her hair cut, going out to eat, buying her a few necessities.  After we got here, we ran over to Pine Mountain so we could go to the Humane Society thrift shop.  I bought a couple of toys for the dogs and some of those nice absorbent stone coasters.  Anyway, we are relaxing at the hotel before we go out to eat.  I plan to have fish and veggies.

I love seafood!  I eat a lot of chicken, but also eat seafood at least once a week.  We are going to a bbq place for dinner, but they have really excellent catfish.  But its really all about hanging out with my great aunt.

I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Take care!

1 comment:

PlumPetals said...

Hope you had a good visit with your great aunt :)